We love Vidalia onions. They are very sweet and make wonderful onion rings and also dried onion flakes. In fact making your own dried onion flakes is easy and they taste like candy!! Anyway, a couple of years ago we found a salad dressing at the store that had Vidalia Onions in it. The problem is that it had some stuff we did not care for in it as well.
I have been eating a lot of salads at lunch lately and got to thinking about that dressing and decided to experiment and come up with my own. I know everything that I put into it, but I did not measure everything exactly. Here is my recipe for Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing.
Vidalia Onion Dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Vidalia Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of raw honey, local if possible
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 Tbsp. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. Salt (I used Himalayan Pink, but you could use Celtic Sea Salt or Real Salt)
- Pinch of Granulated Garlic
- Pinch of Pepper
I put all of the above into my blender. I turned it on high until it all emulsified. Refrigerate after using. DELICIOUS!!