For those of you who don’t know, THM stands for Trim Healthy Mama. It is a book that is all about women. It has an eating plan, that really works with losing weight, but it is more than just a “diet plan” book. It covers all of our bases including spiritual, our marriage, our hormones, etc. The plan does use some ingredients that I choose to not use, but over all, it is a great plan.
I wanted to come up with a pumpkin smoothie that was plan approved and tasted good. I played in the kitchen this morning and came up with this recipe. It is a FP (Fuel Pull) recipe. Not only does it taste totally delicious, it is light and fluffy and helps you to lose weight!! WOO HOO! I was thinking that I would not need to can more pumpkin this year because I had so much left from last year, but this might change that plan. 🙂
THM Pumpkin Smoothie – FP
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (nothing added – mine was home canned)
- 1/2 tsp. Gluccomanon Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, (Celtic Sea Salt, Real Salt or Himalayan Pink)
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Ginger, Powdered
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves, ground
- Sweetener to taste – I used NuNaturals Stevia
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla (I used my homemade bourbon vanilla)
I added all of that into my blender and then blended it well. I then added 2 cups of ice cubes and made sure they were totally blended. I then added 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder and turned the blender on high until it mixed in and the whole mixture fluffed up.
Oh MY!! How can something that tastes so delicious help you to lose weight?!?!