I have said it before and I will say it again. I ♥ LOVE ♥ all things pumpkin!!!! I try to make a smoothie every day. I want to get the good bacteria from my kefir and yogurt. I like to get some gelatin in me for my joints, hair, skin and nails. I also like to get coconut oil in my diet. I can get all those things in lots of different ways, but if I make a smoothie, I can get them all at once. 🙂
I was getting ready to make my smoothie and was deciding what flavor to make it. Autumn is here, the temperatures have been cooler, so I began to think of Autumn flavors and PUMPKIN is my favorite. I had quite a bit of pumpkin left that I had canned last year so, I started experimenting. I tasted and added and tasted again. The result was like pumpkin pie in my glass. Here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1/2 cup yogurt (unflavored and unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used my home canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I used my homemade bourbon vanilla)
- Sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves, Ground
- 1/8 tsp. Ginger, Ground
- Dash of Nutmeg (I use the whole nutmeg and a grater)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (I used Extra Virgin) Optional
- 2 Tbsp. Gelatin (1 each of Beef and Collagen Hydrolysate) Optional
- 1 to 2 cups of Ice (to make it cold)
Put all of the above in a blender and blend until smooth!!